1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Did a recent upgrade change how guide works?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Italfra1, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Italfra1

Italfra1 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005
    Code:

Has anyone else experienced the guide working differntly? In the past when you toggled up and down the highlighted blue box would let you know what show you we,re on and at any time if you hit select it would take you directly to that show. Now when your scrolling in guide you don't have the blue marker and your never really sure where you are. and when you finally hit select you end up on a different channel than what you wanted. something like that. Just seems like something has recently changed and not for the better. any help? thx

2. krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    I've noticed that some of the banner ads cause the focus to move to the channel names instead of the current show for that channel. A single right button on the remote will fix the problem.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I would reset the receiver and see doesn't that fix it.

Menu, Settings, Reset, Choose the first one in the list Restart Receiver.

4. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    Yes. It is now a PITA. D* please fix it. Thank-you.

5. Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    It seems in many cases, mine for example, the "stability" release has been the opposite.

6. Italfra1

Italfra1 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005
    Did a reset and my guide is functioning perfectly. The blue high lighted boxes are now where they should be and all life is good again. Thx.

7. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Thanks for the update.
    Glad that worked for you. In the future you will find that a reset as you just did fixes a lot of small annoying problems.