1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone elses bill go up by double?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by pakcyclist, Mar 15, 2013.

1. pakcyclist

pakcyclist Mentor

Aug 13, 2009
    Just go my Centurylink bundle bill, which includes DTV. Rather than $75, it was $157. Any idea why? (I didn't change programming.) Did they raise the price that much?!?!

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Can you see your bill? Do you sub to any sports packages like MLBEI?

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I'm not bundled with anyone, but my DirecTV bill didn't change.

You bill doubling could indicate your last payment didn't get processed properly.

4. pakcyclist

pakcyclist Mentor

Aug 13, 2009
    No, no packages, pay-per-views, or anything else. Guess I'll have to check with Centurylink.

5. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    You're better off calling D*. Century link buys the bill but their customer reps aren't going to be as well versed in the D* portion of the bill.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    My bill went up about $30.
    I lost 3 discounts of $5 each and then with the increase on the package, increase on HBO, increase on the DVR service and those caused the sales tax to go up.

If you can, go to the website and print out this bill and the previous bill and compare them.

7. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    Your first billing always includes 2 months of DTV service. Thats because CenturyLink misses the usual DTV billing cycle when it sets up your account. I quickly cancelled after 2 months, wasn't worth the $5.00 "discount".

8. pakcyclist

pakcyclist Mentor

Aug 13, 2009
    But this WASN'T my first bill with them! Had the bundle for a year or 2, I think.