1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did "free hd for life" promo end?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by beachlover, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beachlover

beachlover Mentor

Feb 27, 2010
    I didn't hear about this till today.....I already have auto-pay set up....but actually don't have HD programming. Was anybody in the same boat and successful at adding?........think i can call today and get? since only thread I could find mentioned "till July 21st".....

2. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    i asked about this wednesday when i was getting my sunday ticket discount. it was offered to me but i was also told i could think about it for a few days. i don't want to do auto pay so i tokk 12 free monthw with no strings attached. so it didn't sound like it was ending soon.

3. Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    Still doing TV adverts.

4. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    The DIRECTV website shows that you only get free HD if you go with the Premier/NFLST offer. The other package promos charge you for HD.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I don't know the exact details but I do think the promotion is due to end shortly.

6. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    Its for 24 months for existing clients, who actually have HD on their account.

7. renbutler

renbutler Godfather

Oct 17, 2008
    Right. You have to have an HD receiver and actually be paying for HD access (which is just credited back to you).

8. rb5505

rb5505 Legend

Dec 23, 2004
    we were already on the auto pay and have the choice pkg. the 24 mos free hd was just added to our account. the promo appears to still be active.

9. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I got a postcard today telling me I had 2 years of free HD access.

Did you know you had to keep HD access on your account to get free HD access? That sounds funny to me; Something like "You must continue to be a DIRECTV customer to continue receiving DIRECTV service" in my mind. :)

10. ShapeGSX

ShapeGSX Godfather

Sep 17, 2006
    Did this happen automatically?

11. naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    It is still available but requirements have changed with the new National offer

12. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    I got an email from Directv saying:

"To continue to receive FREE HD Access, you simply need to maintain the following on your DIRECTV account during the 24-month offer period:

1. Auto Bill Pay
    2. CHOICE™ or MÁS ULTRA™ and above package
    3. At least one(1) HD Receiver and HD Access "

This was the requirements when I applied. It is probably different now.

13. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    Directv will have to match what Dish does. It will be a duel between them untill the charge disappears completely. IMHO. I hope that happens before my 24 months free runs out. :lol: But as we all know "Only the Shadow Knows".

14. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    Well, the shadow and sat racer, but I bet that the HD fee goes away in some form in two years or so anyway with a higher overall price. On a practical basis SD tv's have not been really available except as close outs for some time and many people will have to replace at least one of their sets in the next two years or so and that means they will buy an HD tv and want to upgrade.

15. Dazed & Confused

Dazed & Confused Godfather

Jun 13, 2007
    I never called about it until today. I got the discount when I called to cancel the ST-to-go. I have the Choice Extra (not Pemier), and auto-pay.

16. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    I called in about 2 weeks ago to get the 24 months for free (had to wait forever for auto bill pay to get setup) and was told to wait until mid September when my current 12 months of free HD (part of the deal I got last year with Sunday Ticket) ended. I asked if the 24 month promo would be over by then and was reassured more than once that it wouldn't as long as E* still had their free HD. The CSR sounded very reliable and not like some of the others I've talked to over the years who you can just tell don't have a clue what they're talking about.

17. ShapeGSX

ShapeGSX Godfather

Sep 17, 2006
    I called about it on Friday and they offered it to me for 2 years. So it is still in effect for existing customers.

They also gave me free Showtime for 3 months.

18. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    On the overnite ratings MM got 2.9 million viewers up from 2.8 for show #1 of last season.

18-49 #s n/a still.

edit:
    oops...meant for the MM thread.

19. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    eh? Relates to MRV, how? Assume it must be a fatfinger, no biggie.

20. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    No mrv here either....free hd for life thread. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.