1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I miss Oz last Sunday?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by recorder, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Jun 1, 2010 #1 of 25
    recorder

recorder AllStar

Nov 1, 2008
    There doesn't seem to be a way to get reverse look-ups of the guide, or even the Zap2it previous days listings.
    It looks like the next episode is not till 6/10?

2. Jun 1, 2010 #2 of 25
    JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    there are 3 Episodes on VOD.

3. Jun 2, 2010 #3 of 25
    JerryElbow

JerryElbow Legend

Jun 14, 2007
    I've set my DVR to record new episodes of the Oz series and I noticed that it was not going to record last Sunday's episode, so I ended up manually setting it to record. That's not the first time that's happened to that series for me. Too bad, because it's a great series. I'm not looking forward to it being over in a couple of weeks, though I understand The Wire (which is essentially replacing it in that time slot) is supposed to be awesome as well.

4. Jun 2, 2010 #4 of 25
    SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    I had to set mine to record repeats to fix it.

5. Jun 2, 2010 #5 of 25
    cnmurray8

cnmurray8 Legend

Jun 19, 2008
    According to the guide it looks like True Blood is on at 10pm this Sunday on the 101.

6. Jun 2, 2010 #6 of 25
    recorder

recorder AllStar

Nov 1, 2008
    So, My original question, was there an episode on Sunday 5/30?
    The VOD episodes appear to be the previous 2 weeks.

I, too, am looking forward to The Wire.

I must be sick, all I like are Oz, Breakin' Bad, and Dexter!
    I did enjoy Men Of A Certain Age, though.

7. Jun 2, 2010 #7 of 25
    SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Yes there was but it appeared as a repeat in the guide. So if you had record new only set it didn't record..

8. Jun 2, 2010 #8 of 25
    recorder

recorder AllStar

Nov 1, 2008
    Ah, So!
    Thank you.
    Hopefully it'll be added to VOD soon

9. Jun 3, 2010 #9 of 25
    JerryElbow

JerryElbow Legend

Jun 14, 2007
    Yes, my friend, you are sick indeed. I happen to share the same illness, apparently, as I find all of these shows to be far above the junk that is passing for new series on most of the networks! :lol:

10. jsquash

jsquash Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    I had an episode record on 5/30. The title was "A Failure to Communicate" I did notice that I had to redo my series link a couple of weeks ago. My to do list was not showing anymore episodes set to record so I just redid it in the guide but had to get an episode from vod. I would check to make sure your future episodes are set to record. I also seem to like all these sick shows. My wife hates almost all the shows I watch and will leave the living room when I watch them. (not always a bad thing)

11. recorder

recorder AllStar

Nov 1, 2008
    Yes, my To Do list for Oz also disappeared, but since I've been recording the NHL Playoffs, I've been lax in checking status. My failure to communicate;)
    Thanks for the episode info.
    BTW my wife is really angry that Adebisi was killed off, and the last episode we saw showed the demise of Said.
    I guess its winding down to conclusion.

After tonight, it also looks like the Stanley Cup playoffs are winding down to an unexpected conclusion, as the Blackhawks seem to have lost their focus.

12. murry27409

murry27409 Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Same here. The OZ episodes were not in To Do, and when I checked the series link, none of the upcoming episodes were marked for recording. I tried changing First Run to Both, no dice. I then deleted the SL, and recreated it; only then were the upcoming episodes tagged for recording. This of course prompted me to go over every single SL to make sure others were not affected. Sure enuff, Brotherhood, The Good Guys, Justified, In Plain Sight, Sit Down, Shut Up were also affected. Man....WTH?!?!

13. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Nah still some killing left to go. :lol:

14. GlennDio

GlennDio Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Castle...
    I thought that after the 2 wicked witches died all the killing was over ....:rolleyes:

15. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Didn't air tonight. Did they give up on showing the rest of this?

16. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    Nope, it picks up again on the 13th.

17. recorder

recorder AllStar

Nov 1, 2008
    "A Failure To Communicate" is being run on Friday @8P.

anyone else notice that most of the 101 programs have no center channel audio when listening thru a AVR?
    My Denon displays Dolby Digital with all 5.1 channels lit, but the dialog comes from the Left & Right fronts only.
    I've called it in, but they never fix it.

18. heidic

heidic Cool Member

Apr 21, 2009
    You may need to recheck your Series Manager/ To Do List. After yesterday's debacle, Oz vanished from both of my lists and I had to reinstate the recordings.

There are 4 episodes of Oz left. Assuming there is no episode on 7/4, the last one should air 7/11, just in time for The Wire to take over on 7/18.

19. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    IIRC, the series finale is an extended episode as well, so it could impact other recordings.

20. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I've never seen Oz.. I subscribed to HBO in 2006. I still have it.