1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Difference between Cinema Connection Kit and DECA adapter

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by sriram, Nov 14, 2013.

1. sriram

sriram Cool Member

Apr 3, 2006
    I would like to connect a h25 to a network (mainly so that I can control it via SHEF). Do I need the Cinema Connection Kit ($25 on ebay) or can I use the deca adapter (DCA2SR0). What is the difference between the two? Where does the DCA2SR0 get power from? The receiver or the satellite line?

I have attached a diagram of what I want to do.

Attached Files:

• dtv.png
      dtv.png
      File size:
      11.9 KB
      Views:
  2. longrider

longrider DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    You need neither, they H25 has DECA built in. It also does not have an Ethernet port so DECA is your only option

EDIT: I should have looked at your diagram first. You can use either, the DECA adapter when used on a receiver gets its power from the receiver, when used as a CCK it needs a power supply

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    they are both exactly the same, with the only difference that the CCK gets packaged with a power supply since it won't have a receiver to supply power to it.

4. sriram

sriram Cool Member

Apr 3, 2006
    ok thanks.

Its weird because, on ebay, the cck is ~$25, the adapter w/ power is $10, and the adapter alone is $6

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    What else is on the network? What can you do via SHEF on the H25 that you cannot do on other units?

6. sriram

sriram Cool Member

Apr 3, 2006
    nothing special about the h25, just want to connect it to my htpc (so my htpc will be the dvr).

7. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    What does the full setup look like?

8. sriram

sriram Cool Member

Apr 3, 2006
    the H25 is connected to a Hauppauge Colossus video capture card on the HTPC. I run Media Portal as the DVR software, and XBMC as the frontend.

9. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Ah, OK, thanks. I was thinking there must be other DIRECTV stuff involved.