1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Different Signal Strengths on HR2Xs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Rabushka, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Rabushka

Rabushka Legend

Dec 21, 2007
    I have an HR20 700, HR20 100, HR21 100 and an HR22 100. They are all working OK. The signal readings on the HR 20s show 99C in the high 80s to mid 90s. The readings on the HR 21 and HR22 show 99C in the low 70s to low 80s. Changing receiver location and switching BBCs makes no difference. I am wondering what are the real signal strengths? The dish was aligned originally using the HR20 700 signal meters before 99C was operational. Anyone else show a big difference between the signal readings of the HR20 and HR21 DVRs?

I am having a big FM Yagi installed soon and I am wondering if they should tweak the dish or leave well enough alone.

2. kwirky

kwirky New Member

Dec 27, 2008
    The tuners of HR20 and HR21 are different. That's why you see different signal strength.

3. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    The signal strength readings are not precisely calibrated and will vary from unit to unit, even if the models are the same.

Even if you thought one box or the other was wrong, which one is it? Is one reading too high or the other too low?

I wouldn't worry about it at all.