1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dijit collaborates with 11 TV networks to remind you to watch their shows

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Athlon646464, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Dijit collaborates with 11 TV networks to remind you to watch their shows

Say you're surfing around online and come upon an interesting promo for a new TV show. You could stop what you're doing, find the show on your DVR and hit record, but most likely you'll just make yourself a little mental note to catch it later.

If you go to one of the network's show pages, you'll see a "Remind Me" button with a small alarm clock icon. Click that, and you can sign up for an email or Facebook reminder that'll arrive a half hour before the show airs.

If you just don't have the time to watch it then, the message'll also have a one-click "record to DVR" option with participating providers (Comcast, DirecTV and Dish are the only ones for now).

Full Story Here

[​IMG]
    Engadget

2. kenglish

kenglish Icon

Oct 2, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    I've thought a lot about something similar, but for OTA TV.
    So, give us broadcasters about 25 years, a few dozen committees, and help from the FCC, the NAB, and Congress, and we can probably come up with a standard.

1 person likes this.
  3. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Nice idea, but the reminders seem to be for only smart phones or tablets. Where's the basic computer?

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Nice idea, but the reminders seem to be for only smart phones or tablets. Where's the basic computer?
    email?

5. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Didn't our old TV forum have an email reminder option for new programs? I seem to remember subscribing to certain reminders of when a show was going to start. I really like that feature.

For now, I have the whole document printed out that Armophob so generously put together for us. I keep it by the remote control.

6. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Yep.

So far they haven't been able to figure out how to get this forum calendar to do it.

Or any other online calendar.