1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Direct customer looking to jump to Dish

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by sethareno, Dec 26, 2010.

1. sethareno

sethareno New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    I'm looking into switching over to Dish from Direct and have a question! We provide service to my in-laws who are on a fixed income and can't spring for satellite. My question is that if we switch over to Dish could we take an extra (activated) Dish receiver to their home and use the Direct dish to receive any channels? We have been doing this with Direct for some time now. I understand that both companies use 110 and 119 locations. Could this work?

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    No ... absolutely not. You are violating the terms of service of DISH by sharing your account between two households.

This is also a violation of DirecTV terms for their service. Accounts are for a single household ONLY. No sharing.

3. jscudder

jscudder Legend

Jan 17, 2006
    For only $9.99 a month you could get 'locals only' from Dish. However in order to do this they will have to own the receiver. You can pick up an old SD dish receiver from Ebay for under $20. They will also have to have you or someone else install the dish.