1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct Kick in HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by wmb, Mar 11, 2010.

1. wmb

wmb Godfather

Dec 17, 2008
    As a football fan, I am wondering whether the MLS Direct Kick product will be offered in HD.

2. Dcm210

Dcm210 Godfather

Jan 17, 2009
    it was last yr,but as usual not every game in HD like we all hope.

3. bones boy

bones boy Godfather

Aug 25, 2007
  4. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Cool Member

Dec 8, 2006
    HD was available last season, but there weren't a whole lot of teams that were broadcasting in HD. I watched a quite a few Sounders matches, just because their home games were in HD.

5. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    MLS made a mandate this season that the home team produce the game in HD, doesn't mean that the broadcast will be in HD.

So far the following announcements have been made:

KC Wizards, all in HD on an OTA
    DC United, home in HD on CSN Washington
    RB New York, home in HD on MSG
    Seattle Sounders, all in HD OTAs
    SJ Earthquakes, all in HD on CSN Cali and Bay Area
    Columbus Crew none in HD on cable channel
    Philly Union, home in HD on OTA

I've been monitoring schedules for TV info. I would assume that the LA Gals and Chivas will get at least home in HD, if not all on FSN West/PT.

6. shoplifter

shoplifter Cool Member

May 29, 2008

The last I read on this (pretty sure on Bigsoccer) the HD feeds must be provided for Direct Kick. So I guess who knows what that will actually *mean*, but it's promising. Especially because ONN looks absolutely terrible.

7. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    DirecTV already has all the HD feeds I've listed and uses those. You prolly read my post on bigsoccer.

The OTAs, DirecTV will jsut move to a CONUS beam for the game, the RSNs are already CONUS, so those will be used more.

For example, if a game is on CSN Washington and KCs local channel, DirecTV will most likely use the CSN feed. However, if KC is the onyl feed, then they will duplicate the LiL on a CONUS beam