1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct may be getting sued....lnb issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Jodean, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    This one really made me laugh....

we have had bad wnc swm lnbs for 3 months now.

sometimes they let only 2 tuners work, sometimes they randomly change channels, sometimes they make the HD boxes go searching for signal while the dvr keeps working.

The last house i was at replacing the wnc with an eagle aspen lnb, they said in their 3 year olds room they had it on nickelodeon and suddenly it changed over to some cinemax or shotime channel which had some naked gal explaining how to use a dildo!!!

I tried asking the gal what show it actually was so i could "look into it" but she didnt think it was funny at all....

While i didnt see this one happen, i have seen encore showing up on channel 201 and some other things on the wrong channel as well.....

This one takes the cake though!!!

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    The bad part is that WNC makes at least 2/3 of the SWM LNBs. The other manufacturers put out much less volume.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    It doesn't mean all WNC LNBs are faulty... just that one.

4. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Is there any way to find out what lnb you have without climbing up to the dish?

5. wallfishman

wallfishman Icon

Dec 31, 2008
    theres been alot of chatter going round about swm wnc lnbs failing in the cold. new green labeled ones with a clear eyeball . just had 1 yesterday.

6. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Sure, what colors are the caps on the LNB? White is WNC, clear is either Zinwell or Eagle Aspen depending on shape.

Does Cal Amp make slimline LNBs or just the older ones?

7. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Thanks for the info. I will take a look in the morning.

8. Jodean

Jodean Icon

Jul 17, 2010
    wrong, this is about number 30 for me on my personal jobs that do this channel change thing

we averaged 3 out of 4 bad lnbs 2 weeks ago coming from des moines warehouse.....all wnc with orange or brown coax insert

9. pressureman0

pressureman0 AllStar

Jan 3, 2009
    So what directv still backcharge tech