1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct TV / MSG Network carriage agreement

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by rtisby, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtisby

rtisby Mentor

Jan 2, 2012
    I live in Rochester, NY where FIOS is not available and Both Dish Network and Time Warner have lost MSG network feeds through failed negotiations. The only carrier left is Direct TV and I am considering switching in order to continue watching Sabres games. The concern that I have is that Direct TV is refusing to disclose whether their current contract with MSG will be coming up for renewal within the next two years and that leads me to believe that it probably is. I would switch over today if they would just assure me that they will be carrying MSG for the length of my contract with them but they are being very evasive and claim that they don't have that information. MSG has also not yet responded to emails. Why so secretive about the length of the contract? I'm not looking for specific terms, just some reassurance that I won't be held hostage with ETF's if MSG decides to use the same negotiating tactics with Direct TV when the current agreement expires. I would think that it would be a great advertising tool to announce to all of the current Time Warner customers that they won't have to worry about loosing MSG during their commitment if they make the switch. Does anyone out there have any knowledge of the current situation or contract that DTV has with MSG?

Thanks

2. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    You have the wrong forum. You should go to the Directv forum and ask.

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.