1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Direct TV on Demand Download Problems

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Lobo1943, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Lobo1943

Lobo1943 New Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hello,

I have been having lots of “On Demand” download problems. What happen’s, when I select a program to download from the “On Demand” sight I get the record prompt. Everything seems to be downloading but after I go to the “List” and select the program I downloaded the program shows zero minutes recorded or maybe one or two minutes. I have spoken to Direct TV Tech Support and they have had me refresh, reset and do other things but I am still having the same problems.

I am using Netgear XE104 Wall-plugged Ethernet Switch via my router. When I connect my laptop the wall mounted Ethernet adaptor I can access the internet as though I was directly connected to my router, and have no problems using my laptop and the internet. I have (at Direct TV’s Request) reset the Ethernet adaptors and have re-downloaded updates from Netgear drivers, and I am still having problems.
    Does anyone have any ideas on what I should try?

Lobo1943

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm moving this to the DIRECTV area.

3. matthew999

matthew999 New Member

May 23, 2007
    have you manually set the ports on the HR? and then allowed port forwarding via the netgear or your dsl/cable box? If your router/modem has a dmz then set that for the ip of the HR.

4. admdata

admdata Legend

Apr 22, 2011
    :nono:
    Bad idea using a DMZ with anything connected to a router, it is there for saftey and NOT getting hacked into, the other suggestion is good with setting up a static IP for all of your HR's connected to the network

5. lmuehl

lmuehl Legend

Dec 18, 2007
    Which router/modem are you using and is it cable or DSL? I had the same issue with Qwest's 2wire router . I changed it with an Action-tec PK5000 and all is fine with On Demand but, now media share quit working on my wireless laptops some trade off.

6. VARTV

VARTV Godfather

Dec 14, 2006
    Virginia...
    A good suggestion. I remember that happening to me a long time ago until I assigned an IP address to each receiver. I actually do that now for my entire network...

(6 DirecTV HD receivers)
    (4 PCs)
    (3 Samsung TVs)
    (2 Smartphones)
    (1 Bluray player)
    (1 Wii)
    (1 Network printer)
    (1 iPod Touch)

7. frogg

frogg Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    I have always used assigned IP addresses for my receivers and assigned STB and audio ports to avoid conflicts. But recently I have experienced the same problems with VOD. Download hangs at 2%, and won't go any further no matter what. Connections test confirms connection to network and internet. Possibly linked to other problems such as 60-second channel changes when using guide to go to channel, and slooooow direct entry or channel up/down. All seemingly since last NR 4a6. All receivers and dvrs in my household are affected. HR21, HR20, H21. Hopefully Earl is working on this for us.

8. Lobo1943

Lobo1943 New Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I found out what the problem was and it was my DVR. Direct TV installed a new receiver and everything is working now, Thanks a gain.

Lobo1943

9. zydeco

zydeco New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    had the same problem.just reset recicver.either unplug it a few secoinds or use reset button .it shoul work after thar