1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct TV Plus DVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by chippimp, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chippimp

chippimp New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Can comeone please tell me how to get my DVR to work with destackers. I have one line coming in my livingroom. The line comes into a 2-way splitter 5-2150mhz, (1 in 2 out) the two out are going to D575 dstackers to the input then from each dstacker, sat receiver out put i have each one going to sat 1 and then sat 2, this will not work any idea why. I have a DIRECT TV PLUS DVR, i believe i have a dual LNB, because when i run a cable from my bedroom to the living room it works.

2. fredo

fredo AllStar

Dec 1, 2005
    You have to turn on the destacker on the R15, which is explained how to do here, http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=506498&postcount=12

Also, you don't have a dual LNB. If you had a dual LNB, you wouldn't need to stack the signal, as each line from the dish would just go directly into the back of the DVR.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    When you turn on the internal destackers...... disconnect your external destackers. Go straight from the splitter to the unit

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Is your signal stacked to start with? The dish does not stack, you need a separate piece of equipment to do that.

I believe you need both lines from the dish going into the stacker. Then from the stacker output you can run a single line and split it to multiple destackers.

Carl

5. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Unless you are in an MDU (a condo, townhouse, apartment, type structure).

Or you know 100% that you have a stacker (as in, you know you installed it).

Then you may not have a stacker after all... as the stacking unit is about $150 or so (the destackers are less)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.