1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

direct tv searching for satellite signal...(771)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jcptrucking, Nov 11, 2013.

1. jcptrucking

jcptrucking New Member

Nov 11, 2013
    ny
    I have a direct tv d12-700 that's getting the error message searching for satellite signal ...(771) on some channels. After checking the signal strength I realized satellite: 101° (A) has 0 on all negative transponders and 97 to 100 on all even numbers. Is this normal? Is this what's causing the error and what causes all negative transponders to act this way?

2. john payne

john payne Mentor

Apr 23, 2009
    That is typical of a bad, corroded connection. I have also seen a bad lnb or receiver that would cause that. But it's genrally connection issue.

3. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Absolutely correct! Mine was a the LNB that needed replacing. Then the other day, the DVR got moved a bit, and the cabling was loose, which we didn't know until the 771 error popped up.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    do you have any other receivers? do you have a multi switch?

Welcome to DBSTalk.