1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTivo series 2 --- can I use only 1 tuner?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by scriabinop23, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scriabinop23

scriabinop23 Cool Member

Oct 8, 2002
    I'm an E* (w/ PVR 508 + 301) customer contemplating switching to D* and getting a DirecTivo or two.

Quick question - Can I run one of my directivos with only 1 sat. input connected, thus using only one tuner? IT won't be possible to get a dual feed into the bedroom, and I'd be more than happy using only one.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Yes unlike DISH Directv has designed their product to work with either 1 or 2 tuners connected. DISH 721 must have both tuners connected. I have two DirecTiVos one with two tuners active and my bedroom with only 1 tuner, hopefully at some time I will figure how to get a second line into the bedroom.

3. Bob Haller

Bob Haller Banned User

Mar 24, 2002
    The current 721 software supports just one sat feed, thats a GOOD thing considering all the lost tuner 2s out there.

Yes it will work but why not bite the bullet and run the second cable?

4. HarryD

HarryD Icon

Mar 24, 2002
    Lehigh...
    It's part of the setup, specifying one or two tuners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.