1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirectTV Protection Plan

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by adman80, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adman80

adman80 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Anybody know if the DirecTV monthly protection plan with the $7.99 coverage for DVR's and HD equipment will cover the new HD-DVR unit?

2. dswallow

dswallow Godfather

Mar 31, 2003
    I suspect it will; when activating mine I was asked if I wanted the protection plan.

3. adman80

adman80 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    So Doug, with the cost of this unit, do you think the $96 bucks a year for the protection plan is worth it?

4. dswallow

dswallow Godfather

Mar 31, 2003
    Nope.

I don't think these are ever worth it.

This is a DirecTV-branded receiver. Who's gonna take care of you if you have troubles within the first year of warranty coverage? DirecTV. Guess what DirecTV is going to do if you have a problem?

If you have a problem and need the solution provided under the protection plan and don't have it, you can add it to your account and use it 30 days later. You can use it immediately by paying a fee or prepaying the fee for a year. Why pay in advance?

5. Flyboy917

Flyboy917 Legend

Oct 24, 2003
    Anybody know if the DirecTV monthly protection plan with the $7.99 coverage for DVR's and HD equipment will cover the new HD-DVR unit?

You actually have one????

6. dswallow

dswallow Godfather

Mar 31, 2003
    It arrived Thursday.

It really does work well -- except for a few new options throughout the settings, it's just like the SD DVR, but with HD and OTA tuners, and this weekend I'll try to do some sort of review of it. I actually fell asleep on the couch in front of it earlier this evening so I'm just not up to doing it yet. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.