1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Directv $33 rebate and upgrading/downgrading

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by stockdogg, Apr 15, 2013.

1. stockdogg

stockdogg New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Hey everybody...I've had DTV for a month now, and I called today about making sure I am in line to get my 25,000 AA miles. After some fumbling around, the guy said he saw it (I have email confirmation from a rep. but I am trying to keep close tabs on this). He then offered me a free premier and HD-pak upgrade for the remainder of my "3 months free movies" package. I have the ULTIMATE package now. So I asked him if, after the trial period is over and I decide to downgrade back to Ultimate, would I lose my $33 bill credit for the first 12 months. He said no...so I went ahead and pulled the trigger, but I would like to know your guys' experiences with this. So any help would be appreciated!!

Also, anybody trying to get/or got the 25k miles for signing up through American Airlines? Do they usually take the full 8 weeks after 30 day activation period?

THANKS!!

1 person likes this.
  2. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
    New DIRECTV® service must be active thirty days before miles are awarded. Following the thirty day activation period, please allow six to eight weeks for miles to post to your account. For questions regarding your mileage credit, please call 1-800-531-5000. Be prepared to provide your AAdvantage number and order information.

3. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    Your discounts for Ultimate will stay as long as you are on Ultimate or above. You will not lose them if you switch back to Ultimate after the first three months.

4. stockdogg

stockdogg New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    THanks!!