1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTV Aims to Deliver Personalized Sports Highlights

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Athlon646464, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    DirecTV Aims to Deliver Personalized Sports Highlights

DirecTV has announced that it has made a strategic investment in LiveClips, a technology platform that aggregates live, post-game and archived sports feeds.

The satellite TV giant already has a lucrative deal with the National Football League to broadcast out-of-market games, and the investment will allow DirecTV to give "Sunday Ticket" customers the ability to see personalized sports highlights. In addition, the technology has the capability to allow customers access to searchable video clips of game action on broadcast and digital devices.

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Sounds good to me.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    Id love to get this for college...

1 person likes this.
  4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Sounds very good.

5. loudo

loudo DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    Would love to see them do something with NHL Center Ice. Had to drop it, for now, because of its lack of availability on anything but a TV. Need it on the laptop or Windows phone. Game Center is at least available on my laptop, XBox and Roku.

6. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    I dunno, I'm a huge NCAA and NFL fan. I have ST and I love my Redzone, too. And about this feature? I kinda yawn.