1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIRECTV and Blizzard Entertainment(R) Announce Promotional Partnership

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Earl Bonovich, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    DIRECTV and Blizzard Entertainment(R) Announce Promotional Partnership

Read the press release at DirecTV Investor Relations

2. cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    Nice

3. PoitNarf

PoitNarf New Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Saw this on Google News. Odd combination says I.

4. dkouz

dkouz AllStar

May 5, 2007
    Not really. I work for a D* HSP and the wife plays WoW. So I see them being related.

5. jimb726

jimb726 Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    Man this sucks, I wish they made the offer to existing members. I play the game religiously and it's 14.95 a month. Bummer.

6. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Icon

Jan 28, 2006
    Interesting, I'm sure some WOW players will switch over to DirecTv, but what kind of deal is it for the billions of people who don't WOW? Or don't even own a computer? Or own a Mac?

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    What in the World of Warcraft??? How can I spend every waking moment on DBSTalk if I'm on WoW?

8. chopperjc

chopperjc Godfather

Oct 2, 2006
    I could use the money my 17 year old asks for my cc every 90 days!

9. fredandbetty

fredandbetty Godfather

Jan 28, 2007
    EXACTLY! i don't play but my daughter does...:(

10. jimb726

jimb726 Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    I dont play it as much as a lot of my friends do, but a neat feature the game has is a time log where they actually track every minute you have had a character in the game, I have one character that has logged 35 days 4 hours and some minutes, but thats over two and a half years. At least thats how I justify it to my wife.:D

11. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Godfather

Sep 10, 2007
    I found this deal about two hours after I signed up for new service. I immediately called D* and asked about it. Since they already had my order in the system, they couldn't do any thing at that time and suggested I call after the service was activated.

Three days later, my service is up and running. I call back and try to get the offer. After about two hours of phone tag and holds, mostly getting CSRs telling me I reached the wrong department each time, I finally got a girl willing to get me hooked up come hell or high water.

Unfortunately, she didn't have any more success with her fellow CSRs than I did. Fortunately, she got her supervisor involved, who finally explained that although I qualified for the offer, their systems would not allow them to enter it in.

So instead, he credits my account the equivalent amount, $156. Hello ESPN GamePlan! :D

12. vollmey

vollmey Godfather

Mar 23, 2007
    Just new customers. I would venture into WoW if I got11 months for free.

13. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Godfather

Sep 10, 2007
    At the very least I got some of my guildmates interested in signing up.

I wonder if the referral deal would get them the WoW card and me the $50. :)

14. dmurphy

dmurphy Active Member

Sep 28, 2006
  15. Dave_S

Dave_S DBSTalk Club Member

Jan 6, 2006
    What? No love for us existing customers? How about at least a free game and 6 months of WoW?

16. vollmey

vollmey Godfather

Mar 23, 2007
    Agreed!!!

17. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    If I wasnt a D* customer, i might sign up for this deal, even if I got bored with WoW after 3 months.

18. firkang

firkang New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    has anyone received the WoW promotion from directv? I just signed up using this promotion, but nobody at directv knows anything about it. They keep telling me to call a special number which is actually the same as calling 1800directv and use a promo code. I explained to several of the CSR that calling that number doesnt work, and one finally tried it and said yeah it doesnt work. They said they will call me again with details when they figure it out.

19. diddy

diddy Cool Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Or have internet access?

20. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Umm... Billions?

I would have to say that the percentage of people that have SAT TV, and DON'T have a computer... are relatively small...

Now the percentage may be pretty high (out of that group), that don't do WOW... but then again... this is a PROMOTION to get people intrested in the game... and I would LOVE to have gotten the promotion, so I could have tried out WOW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.