1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV and the XBOX 360?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sorahl, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sorahl

sorahl Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Oct 24, 2002
  2. jfalkingham

jfalkingham Godfather

Dec 6, 2005
    Here you go:

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/jan06/01-05WMDIRECTVPR.mspx

I think this goes along nicely with DirecTV plan to go lease only on equipment instead of selling the hardware. If you have 360 or an MCE device, you'll be able to interface with DirecTV through it, record shows, etc. It also will work the other way, allowing a DTV receiver in another room to access photos & music from your PC or XBOX.

Convergence is coming soon for DirecTV, I for one am very happy about it. :grin:

3. sorahl

Oct 24, 2002
    So, does this mean, you think, we'll be able to connect to a direct tv dvr in another room to watch recorded video on a tv connected to an xbox 360?

If so, i won't need multiple dvr's any more! just one upstairs and networked! wait. this would require DTV to allow access to their dvr's like HMO...

4. nmstough

nmstough Cool Member

Sep 27, 2005
    I think what this means is that there will be a PC satellite card for DirecTV. The card will take the place of the STB. Using Windows Media Center (Vista) the PC will act like a DVR. Then you can watch the TV as well in another room with the use of an XBOX 360 acting as an extender.

So you will not need any dedicated DVRs anymore. The PC will serve that function.

5. sorahl

Oct 24, 2002
    BUMP

anyone hear anything more on this?

i hate stupid marketing crap.

6. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    No, no new news.

We probably won't hear anything till CES next year

Thread Status: