1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIRECTV Announces Webcast for Third Quarter 2006 Financial Results and Outlook

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Earl Bonovich, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    DIRECTV Announces Webcast for Third Quarter 2006 Financial Results and Outlook

Source: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=918817&highlight=

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    BUMP...

Just a reminder, this is tomorrow.

I'll have to listen to the download, as I won't be at a PC during the live event.

Feel free to discuss anything talked about in the webcast, here in the thread

3. mikewolf13

mikewolf13 Icon

Jan 30, 2006
    About 10 min in to Webcast:

Chase mentions the prime metric which fell below goal was churn. Despite a reduction from 2005, it was higher than goal.

Chase specifically states that a driver of churn was the "debugging iof set-top boxes"

The next guy (i missed name) said Voluntary churn actually increased... and was acknowledged to the "reasons Chase mentioned"....

4. mikewolf13

mikewolf13 Icon

Jan 30, 2006
    According to Webcast : D* will send all DVR customers a glossy "Cheet sheet" on how to use theri DVR

5. cookpr

cookpr Godfather

Aug 24, 2006
    They had to also acklnowlege their currently industry trailing HD offerings/quality as being one of the reasons for churn....(I have not listened yet, but curious if it was brought up).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.