1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV App for iPhone updated to 2.0.2

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Draconis, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Draconis

Draconis New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    My iPhone downloaded a update to the DirecTV app yesterday, after poking around a bit I saw that DirecTV added the ability to manage your account and a FAQ section to the iPhone. But they link to Safari and are not part of the actual App itself.

The "Account" link will open a Safari page where you can manage your account online. I've been waiting for this ability for a long time. You can even make a bookmark to this page.

The "Answer Center" link will also open Safari to a FAQ section.

Honest opinion, I'm glad the new functionality is there (and plan to use it) but I wish that this was all rolled into one app, not split between the DirecTV App and Safari.

I also found the link at the bottom to download the DirecTV Mobile app amusing, (Since that is what brought me there in the first place).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    I downloaded the update earlier, but hadn't messed around with it yet. I like the changes I see so far. I'm new the iPhone and find the barcode scanner helpful with things like comparing the price of an item in a store to the price on Amazon. The scanner in the DirecTV app...what can it be used for?

3. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I believe a lot of ads in magazines/newspapers have little codes in them that you can scan and get more information on that item. So say you are looking through a magazine and find an ad for Shameless on Showtime. You could scan that barcode and it would probably find Shameless in the DriecTV guide for you and allow you to read the info or set up a recording.

This is how I assume it would work, haven't actually tried it yet.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I like the idea of QR codes... if they managed to take off it could be pretty cool. DIRECTV could put QR codes on billboards and you could actually schedule a recording by pointing your smartphone out the window.

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Now that would be cool!

6. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Can't wait to try that one on my commute doing 90 mph on the Florida Tpk. :lol:

All kidding aside, it's a good idea, could be used in magazines and newspaper advertisements

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Works just like SunPass. :D