1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DIRECTV App for iPhone updated to 2.1.0

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Draconis, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Draconis

Draconis DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Looks like the iPhone has been updated again, and I'm quite pleased with the new feature.

You can now trigger On Demand downloads using the app, if you do not want to see the On Demand channels you can hid them in the settings.

My only request, I wish it would alphabetize the search results.

2. Draconis

Draconis DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Kinda wish I had included "& Android" in the title. It has been updated to the same version, with the same new feature.

3. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!! DBSTalk Club

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    What's really cool is you can add extra time for a sporting event!!!!

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    There's a thread already going about the Android version.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=197346

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    AND! You can add time to any program. It also seems to remember how much time you added on the previous record, and puts that in for the next one. As to how handy that is, YMMV.....

6. jhillestad

jhillestad Godfather

Jan 13, 2007
    When will they allow a ' favorites ' in this app ? I hate having to see channels I dont watch when searching thru date & times.....

7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Well, it won't ever get to be a shrunken version of the iPad app, which of course has that and a lot more.

But I suspect most of us use it very occasionally, away from home, and often for that game that we forgot to record, or see it elsewhere and want to watch the rest at home.

It's easy enough to quickly get to the channel(s) you want by the side bar numbers.

8. Oct 1, 2011 #8 of 11
    Draconis

Draconis DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    That was interesting, I'm not certain it was there before but I just found some trailers in the movies section.

9. Oct 7, 2011 #9 of 11
    Draconis

Draconis DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Ok, a keyword search for "anime" no longer pulls the anime listings (just MAD) and channel 1889 is missing from the iOS app. Is this happening to anyone else?

10. GordonT

GordonT Legend

Apr 17, 2007
    Just curious to see the chronology of enhancements.

11. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011

I'm just curious as to why not like a version that shows one panel at a time like modifiedish I mean the iPhone is fully capable the screen is 960x640 the iPad is 1024x768 not a lot of difference there. I mean the iPhone app would have to look a little different but I think its totally doable.

I don't see why they only support the iPad with these great features like they've got profit to loose or something by putting it on the iPhone. Maybe a simple remote in the directv iPhone app. The iPhone 4s is capable with its A5 and same ram as the iPad