1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTV App for iPhone v2.2.x - Issues/Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by The Merg, Sep 18, 2012.

1. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    DIRECTV App for iPhone v2.2 is available in the App Store now and through updates on your device.

New Features:
    • Now DIRECTV goes anywhere you go. Get instant access to hit entertainment from HBO®, Cinemax®, Starz®, and Encore®, plus the latest DIRECTV CINEMA movies and more, whenever and wherever you want-at home or on the go. Go to the “Watch on iPhone” tab located on your home screen and select “Movies”, “TV Shows” or “Networks” to start watching now.
    • Watch Live TV channels on your iPhone within the home only. Just click on the “Live TV” tab.
    • View programs recently watched on your iPhone and resume where you left off.
    • Enhanced Search functionality to show results as you type, top picks of the week, and listings of programs that you can watch on your iPhone.
    • Discover the top shows and movies that people are currently talking about.
    - Merg

2. Draconis

Draconis DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Interesting, downloading now.

3. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    It cannot find my receiver for live content and playback of non-live content was very poor on wifi.

4. jford951

jford951 Godfather

Oct 6, 2008
    Had no trouble finding my receivers

5. qwsxz

qwsxz AllStar

May 12, 2008
    Still wishing for:
    1: a mini-remote control.
    2: Landscape guide with expanded time span
    3: interactivity within the guide to "watch now on TV" (combo of 1 & 2)

6. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Well now it is working fine for me.

7. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    A new DirecTV update on the eve of the release of iOS 6. :)

~Alan

8. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    DirecTV Everywhere is a nice addition to the DirecTV app in version 2.2.0.

9. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    I used to be able to schedule DVR recordings. Now it said its not supported on Jailbroken Devices and I can't even schedule a G-D- DVR show. I need iBlacklist, 5 x 4 icon springboard and infinifolders to stay organized. Guess i'll have to see if xCon works. If not, its back to restore the old version from iTunes.

10. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    I've yet to find a single reason to jailbreak any of my iOS devices, but that's a topic for elsewhere.

11. markman07

markman07 Godfather

Dec 22, 2005
    Minnesota
    You aren't looking hard enough then.:p I could give you a huge list for either my iPhone or iPad. Maybe when I have more time and in another thread.

12. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    About time. Now I'm just waiting for iOS6 to get posted.. :)

13. paulh

paulh Godfather

Mar 17, 2003
    Sweet!
    It's a now option to have.
    I used to hope that my App Store update number meant a DirecTv update. I gave up all hope because all recent threads wondering about an iPhone app were never addressed by an expert wih a cryptic "soon" ;)

14. Linxs

Linxs Cool Member

Aug 1, 2011
    There one thing that the Iphone app can do but not the Ipad app. You can airplay the live tv channels to apple tv.

15. poppin_fresh

poppin_fresh Mentor

Oct 14, 2006
    I have not been able to use this app for some time as it always says "we are experiencing technical..." followed by error 1001- Network Communication Data Contents PGWSReceivers

This update has not fixed the issue (even reinstalling) and I have not been able to find a solution to get it working again.:(

16. Sixto

Sixto DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    This is pretty cool.

17. Joe Spears

Joe Spears Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Dec 24, 2010
    If you have set up iCloud, on the iPhone go to Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup>Manage Storage>Under Backups Click your iPhone it should display the name and size of the backup> Show all Apps> Scroll to DirecTV then Turn Off & Delete
    Then delete and re-install the App only after doing the above. If its working properly after re-install then you can repeat the steps above except Turn On to continue backing up the data.

18. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Anyone know how to revert back to the older version of the app?

19. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    I second this with your 3rd point I'm hoping for like a mini Playlist like on the iPad.

20. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Hmm looks like we don't have to. If you visit directv's website in safari, seems there's still options to set recordings. They even give you a shortcut icon to the mobile website if you tap the popup on first visit.

image-3244575031.jpg