1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIRECTV Application for iPhone 1.1.4 - Issues & Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Doug Brott, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    The DIRECTV Application for iPhone 1.1.4 is now available in the App Store. If you have the iPhone App installed, you should be prompted for an upgrade.

Updates:
    - Improvements to reported issues

New Features:
    - Hide SD Duplicates

The First Look thread is located here:
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=154458

The Wish List thread is located here:
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=154459

Enjoy!

2. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Nice to have the Hide SD Dups. I am sure it will make for some very happy people (including me!) ;)

3. cmtar

cmtar Icon

Nov 16, 2005
    Are there alot of people who actually use this app?

4. sorahl

sorahl Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Oct 24, 2002
    I am. There fore everyone does

:)

5. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    I guess it depends on what you consider "alot". The app was downloaded over 100,000 times in its first four days, and made it into the top ten within a week. I consider that "alot". ;)

6. fpd917

fpd917 Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    I use it all the time..one of the best apps that I have

7. cmtar

cmtar Icon

Nov 16, 2005
    Well then I guess alot of people do use it lol

8. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    Cool, will update it tonight on my GFs iPhone. Hide SD is a winner.

9. BAHitman

BAHitman Godfather

Oct 23, 2007
    Austin Texas
    I use it... it's alot easier to use this app to schedule a show than it is to run to the computer to do it. it's almost easier than using the DVR to find a show to record... looking forward to the hide SD duplicates feature...

10. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Very cool new features. :)

11. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yes, there are a lot of people that use this app. I suspect that there are folks using it that don't even have DIRECTV.

12. p3pilot

p3pilot Member

Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    It is probably the only app I use every day. Much easier to setup a recording than either going online or going to the media room where our DVR is located. I have also found myself using it as much as a replacement for the guide as for setting up recording.

Really happy to see the hide duplicates option and also now if there is a show that is 61 minutes long, you don't miss the next show in the guide if it is a 30 minute show.

13. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I use it regularly and quite often use it at home instead of using the HR2x to search for shows, scan the guide or schedule recordings.

14. pfp

pfp Whatever

Apr 28, 2009

This looks like a fantastic way to do remote scheduling for other DVR's in the house. Yet one more reason I may have to break down and get one of these puppies.

15. jmunick1

jmunick1 Legend

Jan 1, 2007
    I love this app, use it all the time. Works great. Hiding the SD duplicates was something I really wanted and it is as good as I imagined.

Now what we need is the ability to control our prioritizer for each of our DVRs through the app.

16. psychobabbler

psychobabbler Legend

Sep 16, 2006
    I second this. I would also like the ability to add time to a recording, or begin it early, just like I can with the DVR.

Great app!

17. mgavs

mgavs Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    Everyone I know who has DirecTV happens to have an iPhone, and we all immediately downloaded this app. It is a fantastic addition to our DirecTV systems. Not only can we easily add recordings remotely, but it's a lot faster to do searches right at the TV. Thanks so much DirecTV!

18. sangu72

sangu72 AllStar

Jul 26, 2006
    do you know if there's a way to use it as a remote? I have a tv in a different room and it would be nice to be able to switch channels via my home network.

19. mdgolf

mdgolf Legend

Apr 14, 2006
    THAT would make me use it all the time....wonder why it isn't there??:(

20. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Great app. I was concerned with hiding SD that at times I have seen the HD channels (particularly BTN) not have guide data on the phone for the HD but have it for the SD but that looks like it has been fixed.