1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV Cinema Coupon/Promo Offers Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by CraigerCSM, Dec 6, 2010.

1. CraigerCSM

CraigerCSM Guest

DirecTV has that new order four DTV Cinema movies between Dec. 1st and Dec. 31st and get $10.00 off promo. Can you also use buy one get one free coupons and DirecTV's current promo at the same time?

Also I know some in here have said its the movie studios that set the price for DTV Cinema movies but could DTV ever think about doing a deal with the movie companies to do a RedBox like price? $1.00 per night for SD and $1.50 or $2.00 per night for HD? I guess if they did that the Studios may want to do that 28 windows that RedBox has with some of the Studios?

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    The coupons usually state in the small print that they can't be combined with other offers.

As for the cost, I doubt we'll see the cost of PPV movies drop any lower than what they are right now.

- Merg

3. CraigerCSM

CraigerCSM Guest

Thanks, I should have read the fine print.

4. Joe C

Joe C Godfather

Mar 2, 2005
    DTC Cinema is a rip off, you are better off with Red Box or Netflix.

5. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Profound statement there...

Would love to know the reasoning behind it.

6. CraigerCSM

CraigerCSM Guest

I think he is saying since DTV charges $4.99 for SD and $5.99 for HD and RedBox charges $1.00 for SD and $1.50 for HD. I like DTV Cinema for convenience since you don't have to go pick up a movie and then return it. I wish DTV Cinema would lower their prices or at least do $5.00 for both an SD and HD movies. HDTVFan do you think DTV could change to a RedBox style of renting? If DTV switched to a RedBox rental method I hope they wouldn't also do a 28 day release windows for some studios like RedBox. Inception is out today on DTV Cinema with RedBox you have to wait 28 days later to see it.

7. tkrandall

tkrandall Hall Of Fame

Oct 3, 2003
    How does this promo work? If I do 4 PPVs this month, will they automatically mail me the redemption coupons that the fine print states have to be mailed in for future movie credits? As I pay electronically with autopay, I am not sure how they will administer this.

8. dgsiiinc

dgsiiinc AllStar

Jan 25, 2007
    DirecTV Cinema isn't all that bad. I live in a fairly rural area. Redbox can be convenient, but the nearest one is at least a twenty minute round trip from my house. I subscribe to Netflix and I use Redbox occasionally, but that doesn't stop me from getting a PPV movie once every month or two.