1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIRECTV Cinema Field Trial, Week 5 (6/25) - Issues Only

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Cinema Field Trial (private)' started by Greg Alsobrook, Jun 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Please keep this thread limited to issues only. Please provide as much detail as possible when reporting an issue, and submit a diagnostics report and post the report ID with your issue.

2. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Is it an issue that I haven't had a single movie download on any of my boxes in like a week, and that none has ever appeared on my HR24? :)

3. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Same as most, three dvrs, and received one movie three four three weeks ago (which still hasnt been credited back to my account), and nothing else since. One of the DVRs has NO scheduled recordings, so both tuners should always be available.

4. davemayo

davemayo Hall Of Fame

Nov 17, 2005
    Still haven't had a single movie download. I cleared the queue and refilled it and still nothing. :confused:

5. Golfman

Golfman Icon

Dec 20, 2007
    Reston, VA
    HR21-100
    Diagnostic report key #: 20100626-3469
    CE: 0x3f8

Haven't gotten any new downloads in over a week.

6. Milkman

Milkman Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    Cheech and Chong has not yet recorded, and has been in queue since the end of May.

7. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Got nothing whatsoever on my HR24. :confused:

8. afulkerson

afulkerson MI Citizen Corps Vol of Year

Jan 14, 2007
    Got nothing on any of my three receivers.

9. BKC

BKC Icon

Dec 12, 2007
    Have any of you guys that haven't got any movies yet looked to see if there any movies with a green check mark in the guide where you pick the movies? I found two movies in there that I didn't have selected for my Q that were ready to watch.

10. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    Somebody help afulkerson dam :lol:

11. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I haven't had any on my HR24. Hell, when going to 1096 I can't bring up an movie lists.

12. Zyeox

Zyeox AllStar

Feb 21, 2006
    Yes I seen this. But here lies the problem they are movies that are not in my queue. Arn't we suppose to be testing to see if the movies we put in are queue downloaded to our recievers? Not whenever DirectTV feels the need to allow them to be available. I noticed that none of the movies I put in queue download. I mean none. The only time I get to actually watch a movie granted it works great is when it has a green check mark. But movies that are available OnDemand and they have been available for weeks arn't being downloaded. These are movies I have in my queue.

13. BKC

BKC Icon

Dec 12, 2007
    I agree but at least it's something. :D

14. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    20100627-C13 , HR24-500

I tried to watch "When in Rome". I hit select from the playlist. I then selected Play to start the movie. The machine then locked up. I waited about five minutes and then I did an RBR.

That's also the first time I remember seeing a three digit report code. :scratchin

After the restart I went to the playlist and hit Play. It started normally.

I will try to play another movie (as soon as one downloads) after hitting select and play from the info menu.

Mike

15. BKC

BKC Icon

Dec 12, 2007
    Where do we find these? :confused:

16. afulkerson

afulkerson MI Citizen Corps Vol of Year

Jan 14, 2007
    HR24-500 report # 20100630-1CB1
    HR20-100 report # 20100630-1F93
    HR24-500 report # 20100630-1D5E

I have not received any movie that I have queued up on any of my three receiver.

I have seen movies show up in the list on 1096 that have a green checkmark. But none of those were movies that I had queued. I did select "Wolfman" and played a little of it and it appeared to be ok. It did not show up on any of my other receivers until I purchased it. At this point it did show up on my other receivers play list. It did disappear when I went back to NR code on that DVR due to troubleshooting a DECA power problem. It did not reappear when the next night I reloaded the CE code.

I have also seen movies show up in the 1096 list with a green checkmark and later the green checkmark has gone away without any actions on my part..

17. DJPellegrino

DJPellegrino Godfather

Nov 17, 2005
    6/30/2010. Watched The Book of Eli. 1080P movie, but audio was not Dolby Digital. Receiver reported it as PCM.
    Did not send in a report as I'm not sure when it should be sent. During the movie? After? Other channels with Dolby Digital come in as Digital on my receiver, so I believe there is nothing wrong with the DVR or Yamaha receiver. More than likely the movie itself.

18. Golfman

Golfman Icon

Dec 20, 2007
    Reston, VA
    Get "1096 (Cintest) is currently not available" when trying to access 1096.

19. geaux tigers

geaux tigers Icon

Nov 10, 2005
    When I watched Book of Eli the sound was Dolby Digital as best as I can remember. The beginning of the movie with the DirecTv logo and the advertisement is not but I remember the movie itself being Dolby Digital. I have an Onkyo A/V Receiver that displays the sound format in the window. I tried to watch the beginning of the movie again but it wanted me to buy it again and I have already requested a credit for this movie and therefore selected cancel. The movie had 1096 Cintest next to the title.

20. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    You can generate a report by going to the Miscellaneous menu, under Setup.

If Miscellaneous doesn't appear, it's because you need to do a one-time keyword search for the phrase IAMANEDGECUTTER. The search will return no results, but once you click "Done", the Misc menu option will show up.