1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv.com misleading/needs fixed

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by SCDishMan2006, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCDishMan2006

SCDishMan2006 AllStar

Feb 2, 2006
    If you go to Directv.com and select DVR under products, the web page is titled "DirecTV DVR with Tivo." The URL of the page is:

http://www.directv.com:80/DTVAPP/imagine/TIVO.jsp

However, the page clearly shows the R15 as what's being offered. Very misleading.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Complain to D* we have no control over their web pages.

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Either I'm missing something or it's been fixed already or the original post is incorrect, but when I go to that page, either through the link above or by navigating on D*s web site, I see no mention at all of TiVo, except the "TIVO.jsp" at the end of the page address.

All I see is DIRECTV DVR. Ya, what boba said.

4. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    The <title="text">

What shows up in the Title bar, still says "With TiVo"

Been that way since Novemember when the R15 has been released.

I have sent at least 2 messages via their "contact" page, on DirecTV Forums, and mentioned it to my contact.

5. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Gotcha. I never look at the title bar when I'm browsing, so I didn't think to look there.

6. Rkw1111

Rkw1111 Cool Member

Mar 14, 2006
    Also, the pdf file for troubleshooting the R15 makes numerous mentions of Tivo

7. newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    Kinda weird they wouldnt want tivo completely off their website. I guess it must not be on top of their list like giving out people's personal information on company literature was :)

8. bjflynn04

bjflynn04 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2004
  9. iamme4everup

iamme4everup Banned User

Mar 15, 2006

it is annoying things like that, that shows a company is either not 100% professional and/or too cheap to hire a person to "fact check" things

alos, everyday on i forget 237 or 238 they have a title come up, directv with tivo is here ,,,,,,, but no program on it, for a provider tryin to disavow tivo, they certainly are fouling up alot

10. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Just because the name of a computer file is the name of an old product.

It isn't Fact Checking... it is Q/A roles... BUT... it is a VERY VERY consitant issue accross websites, that are designed with hard coded links instead of using a dymanic generation system.

You update the content of a page, but keep the old name. Thus all the cross links to that information still work.

Normally those types of things are corrected until an overhall is done.

11. iamme4everup

iamme4everup Banned User

Mar 15, 2006
    well we ALLEGEDLY just go an all new direct website = major overghaul.. why no fix ?????????????

12. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    If you think that is a "major" overhaul....

That was just some updates to some graphics, and standardizing some text standards.

13. iamme4everup

iamme4everup Banned User

Mar 15, 2006
    I WAS BEING RUDE when i said it was a major overhaul BECAUSE in january 2005 i got an email from direct crowing about the hddvr and r15 coming summer, and for the website to be COMPLETELYN REDONE.

another broken promise and to add, their time frame was 9 months late for minor changes

14. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Earl, what is the deal here? Is this what/who I think it is?

iamme, its a website, it carries the same weight as a flyer in the news or mail, its not a legal document, typos, errors, etc,, are not binding in any way, please lighten up a little...

15. Malibu13

Malibu13 Lifetime Achiever

Sep 12, 2004
    N.E North...
    Was! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.