1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV Comes Through

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Maverickster, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Maverickster

Maverickster Godfather

Sep 20, 2007
    I've been as critical of DirecTV's customer service over the years as anyone, but this time, they really came through.

My HR20-700 had been on the fritz for a couple of months (blank recordings, guide/menu freezes, etc.) and my dish was in serious need of re-alignment (slightest rain triggered rain fade and post-rain fade resets were always required).

Yesterday, I called customer service to get these issues addressed. Over the course of a 15 minute phone call, I got a free service call setup and they loaded me up with a bunch of promos for my trouble (which will about cut my bill in 1/2 over the next year).

Service tech came out this afternoon (less than 24 hours after my call with customer service), re-aligned the dish and replaced my HR20 with an HR24.

All this and NO NEW COMMITMENT (I've been out of contract for about 2 years)!!

It's nice to be rewarded like this for being a loyal customer.

Thanks DirecTV!!!!!

--Mav

2. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nice. How are you liking the HR24?

3. gfrang

gfrang Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2007
    Great deal sounds like you just won the lottery :)

4. Maverickster

Maverickster Godfather

Sep 20, 2007
    Bearing in mind that I've had it for about 2 hours now, I love it. Sickeningly fast compared to my HR20. The best part is that I didn't even have to reprogram my universal remote. Same IR codeset and same software, so all of the commands (even the customized sequences/macros) work just fine.

5. Maverickster

Maverickster Godfather

Sep 20, 2007
    I like to think of it as a reward for dutifully paying my bill on time and not making a single service call in over 4 years. For the last 4 years, I've been the perfect customer for them. What they've done for me here is a good way of making sure I stay that way for the next 4 (contractual commitment or not).

--Mav