1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTV commercial insertion issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by charlie460, Feb 14, 2013.

1. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    Where should I direct problems about DirecTV commercial insertion to?

It's not a huge deal, but it happens during the intermission reports of every Rangers game I've watched on MSGHD (634) this season. The last segment of the postgame is "joined in progress" following an inserted commercial.

It never happens during actual gameplay.

2. dvdmth

dvdmth Icon

Jul 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Sounds like an MSG issue to me. These ad inserts are triggered by a signal from the channel, letting the MSO know precisely when to put in their own ads. If the signal is not times properly, the inserted ad can either start too early or end too late.

I remember years ago when Altitude had an issue with ad inserts. The issue came up when they had both a Nuggets game and an Avalanche game at the same time. They would send the ad insert signal on the wrong feed, causing the ad to run over top of one of the games while it was the other game that was in a commercial break. Happened for several games until they finally fixed the issue.