1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv Distant locals programming on/off

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by CivicBeater, Apr 22, 2009.

1. CivicBeater

CivicBeater Cool Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I have a a couple remote properties on the east coast that both have distant locals and have been experiencing similar issues.

On all the local feeds at random times the channels will revert to "channel not purchased" However, then an hour or so later the programming will kick back on. This is happening on several receivers at different times. Appears to be something with the distant local feed/directv's programming. Can anyone shed any light? Both of these properties are currently activated for distant locals as they're very remote.

Let me know what you guys think

2. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    As remote as they are, are proper locals offered for these areas?

3. CivicBeater

CivicBeater Cool Member

Apr 22, 2009
    no proper locals available.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    if the time between visits to these locations is very long, many of the receivers will lose authorization, which explains why it corrects itself after being on for a period of time.

5. CivicBeater

CivicBeater Cool Member

Apr 22, 2009
    These are all located in headends on commerical properties where the channels are playing 24/7

6. Retro

Retro AllStar

Nov 27, 2007
    I've had somewhat of a similar issue at times, when i check...

Currently i have no locals via satellite, so i get most channels OTA, but i still get the SD version of ABC and FOX...

Occasionally when i check, as in a couple of weeks ago i checked CBS, they will be on for a few hours then go off.. I was having trouble getting CBS OTA while the station when through some channels so i was just checking to see if the Distants would come in and they did for at least a few hours during prime time on monday nights, but went off sometime after 10pm cst.

Didn't check every night and was sometimes SD Only and sometimes HD and SD version..

7. CivicBeater

CivicBeater Cool Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Interesting, so your distant locals went off...When they did in fact "go off" what did they do? Revert to "channel not purchased?"

8. CivicBeater

CivicBeater Cool Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Fox went off again last night. Right at 8pm like clock work. Around 10:30pm it popped back on.

9. CivicBeater

CivicBeater Cool Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Well as of this mornign Directv states this is a known issue and they're currently working on it. Should be fixed today and not happen again.