1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV Free PPV Movie Offer

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by The Merg, Jun 12, 2010.

1. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Got a mailing from DirecTV that states:

In the text of the letter it says that if you order 2 movies you get $4.99 back. However, when looking at the coupon itself there is no mention of having to order 2 movies. It actually says to use for your next DirecTV Cinema movie. On the back it just mentions to wait until the charge appears and then mail the certificate in with your payment.

Does anyone know if you actually have to order 2 movies in order to get the rebate/credit or will this work with just one movie order?

Thanks,
    Merg

2. SledDog

SledDog Icon

May 5, 2007
    You need 2. The don't credit your account unless you have 2 movie purchases in the required time frame. And you have to send the coupon to them. Once they get the coupon, they verify the purchase of 2 movies in the time frame, then they credit the 4.99 to your account.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    That's what I thought. Just the way the coupon itself is worded makes it seem like you don't need 2 movies.

- Merg

4. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I never paid a whole lot of attention to the details, my wife and I usually rent two movies OnDemand. We just fill out the coupon, send it in and get the credit.

Merg when you finally get to the HD side of life :), they will send the $5.99 coupon too. We only get the HD movies but they let us use the $4.99 coupon on those too, so they end up costing a buck.

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    :p :lol:

- Merg