1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Directv h.d. receivers woes!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by macho1, Nov 17, 2011.

1. macho1

macho1 New Member

Nov 17, 2011
    :grin: Putting up a slimline dish with a sl5 slimline five lnb for a friend but having a problem getting a signal. I'm thinking the problem might be that when i connect my sat finder to the cable coming from lnb and the other cable to receiver from my sat finder i should be hearing a beeping sound letting me know that i have the correct cable going into the house which then goes to sat in on hd recvr. I only get the beeping sound when my friend has to reset it at recvr and even then it only stays on for about a minute then goes off. If anyone knows why this is occuring i would be very grateful for your input. One last question, by using this slimline dish and the sL5 lnb will this be enough to pick up all sats including the ones for hd or do i need to use any type of switch? Just a fyi , i'm only running one cable from dish to living room. Thanks again.

2. mobandit

mobandit Hall Of Fame

Sep 4, 2007
    Audio feedback on the sat signal meters hasn't worked real well for a long time, IIRC.

No switch needed, but with only one coax you will only have one tuner available....

3. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I'm going to move this one to the Installation forum.

4. macho1

macho1 New Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Thanks alot for the info. Have a great day!:hurah:

5. macho1

macho1 New Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Sorry about that.