1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv HD channels Oconus

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by rplarry, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rplarry

rplarry New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    I live about 400 miles south of San Diego. I still have a US address and that is where my Directv subscription is based. I am just on the fringe of the 99 and 103 foot print so I use a 1.2 meter AK/Hi dish. Worked fine for 2 years or so. Now I am noticing pixelating and picture freeze in the evenings on the network feeds from the east coast, and to a lesser degree on the west coast feeds also. I am wondering if I could use 3 separate dishes to receive the 99, 101 and 103. I found an lnb on ebay but don't know if it would be compatible, it is a Triax TKT 001 universal twin KA band, Circular dual polarity. If it would work for the Directv 99 and 103 HD signals, could I use 3 separate dishes to receive the dirctv feed. How would I, or what switch would I use to connect the 3 coax cables together? Or is there a better way to do what I want to do?
    Thanks in advance for any info you might have to help me solve this.
    Larry
    PS I also have a SWM 8 switch and the power inserter.

2. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    I am sorry but due to forum rules we cannot help you with this as it violates the terms of service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.