1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Directv HD major networks and audio "skipping"

Discussion in 'Technical Talk (Closed Forum)' started by Soulweeper, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Soulweeper

Soulweeper Icon

Jan 9, 2005
    I have Directv and the HD package, and I also get the east/west major networks in HD(channels 80-89) and I've been getting quite a bit of audio "skipping" on all of these stations, some worse than others. Haven't yet noticed it on the regular HD channels(Discovery, ESPN, etc.) or any SD channels. We had other problems, and Directv replaced the triple LNB on our dish, and replaced the HD receiver, which took care of the picture problems we had, but this audio skipping still persists. The best way to describe it accurately is you'll hear a word get said twice, sometimes 3 times. I've called Directv, and one time they will say they are having audio skipping problems, but not necessarily on all the networks at one time, like I've been experiencing. Last night on CBS(81), it happened quite a bit, so I called again, and the advanced support person said they haven't been having any problems with audio on those channels. I know it's not the audio cables, because it never does it on an SD channel, or the 5 standard HD channels, like I said. So, is anyone else experiencing this? We all know you can get 5 different answers from 5 different support people when you call, so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks in advance.