1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTV high speed internet partners

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by gitarzan, Jan 21, 2010.

1. gitarzan

gitarzan Godfather

Dec 31, 2005
    The DirecTV website says I can save up to $180 year by ordering internet service through one of the DirectTV preferred providers. Windstream (my local DSL provider) is listed as a partner provider yet when I call DirecTV to inquire I am told they don't have anything for my zip code. Is this something I should pursue or is it likely that this discount really is not available? thanks

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    They may not have an agreement with Windstrem in your area, probably has to do with lease agreements with Ma Bell and Windstream.

3. morbid_fun

morbid_fun Godfather

Jan 16, 2007
    They are using a version of the service check program that your local DSL provider uses to check on the availability of DSL to your home. In my experience this is not always reliable. I would check with Windstream themselves on the availability. In most cases, if available, the two services become a bundled service with a discount. My information is not the most current so this may have changed.

4. gitarzan

gitarzan Godfather

Dec 31, 2005
    The Windstream website only shows bundles with Dish. Maybe DirecTV is mistakenly showing Windstream as a preferred partner with DirecTV or was at one time.

5. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Any chance Comcast is an internet partner?

j/k :D

6. JessCh

JessCh New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    It might be that Winstream has change their TV partners and Directv has not change their website. At windstream.com/residential/digitalTV.aspx , they have list " Dish Network as their TV partner.

7. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I get a bundle discount through AT&T. My phone/DSL is cheaper and D* gives me a $5 AT&T discount.

8. morbid_fun

morbid_fun Godfather

Jan 16, 2007
    Certainly could be the case. Unless the change is major (ATT) they may move slow on reflecting changes with more localized carriers.
    If Windstream did switch to Dish, you may have a shot at receiving a temporary monthly credit from DirecTV as a courtesy. Happened for me a while back until Qwest expanded to my area.