1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV insdiers?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DrZ, Feb 14, 2011.

1. DrZ

DrZ Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    I just got an email inviting me to join something called "DirecTV insiders" Anybody ever heard of it. Is it worth joining or is it a pale imitation of what we have here at DBStalk?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I've heard of it.
    Can't comment on its worth.
    I wouldn't call it anything like DBSTalk, but more of a marketing focus group.

3. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    It's a marketing focus group, so it tries to have a wide range of members, from people who are members here (I'm a member of Insiders), to others who have no technical understanding of DirecTV at all, they are just regular users. Most of the flow of info is one way, to DirecTV marketing, but from time to time they do give out confidential info on new products and services.

4. tealcomp

tealcomp Legend

Sep 7, 2007
    I am a member of it..To be honest, before they made "improvements" it was better. They ask a lot of questions, you get to fill out tons of surveys LOL..some of it is good, some of it not so much.

5. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    More info here by far. As others stated, collect marketing data and impression of new shows and Video On Demand. Every now and then they divulge something new but you get more here from the First Looks.

6. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    DIRECTV Insiders is one of several ways DIRECTV tries to get feedback and input from their customers.

Yes, you will often find more information here on some items.
    But there have been times that Insiders have gotten the information earlier.

If that is what you are intrested in... Insiders will give you some of that.
    But really, if you are part of the Insider group, you are really helping the bigger picture when it comes to see what is relavent to actual customers, and have a very direct feedback mechanism to the people that make the final decsion.

Give it a try... if after a whlie it isn't right for you or you can't spend the time with it...

7. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I've been on the Insiders since it first started. Sometimes it's a total waste of time, we give our feedback and DIRECTV does what their original plan was anyway. But other times we can make an impact, it was because of the group requesting that WHDVR be allowed via ethernet that DIRECTV changed their mind and allowed it, originally it was to be DECA only. And sometimes you get a hint of things coming down the line, even before they're mentioned here.

8. jleisure279

jleisure279 Cool Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Is it possible to get kicked out of DirecTV Insiders? I was an active participant in the group since its inception and I haven't received any new updates from them now for a few months. They even used a quote of mine on some survey results materials they published to other insiders. I just tried to login and my credentials are no longer valid!

9. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    If you don't log in regularly they will drop you.