1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV Insiders forum?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by goosecat, Aug 22, 2009.

1. goosecat

goosecat Cool Member

Dec 8, 2006
    I got an email from directv inviting me to directv insiders forums. Has anyone else gotten this? Is this legit?

2. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Yes, it's legit.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Robert,

Is it one of those secret societies that only those that are members or are invited to join can talk to each other about it? :D

- Merg

4. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Yes, it's real. Some of us are already there. :)

5. goosecat

goosecat Cool Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Ok, thanks. I signed up. It's not immediately obvious what the point of the website is over and beyond dbstalk. There aren't very many threads and they don't seem very active. There are some pretty generic demographic survey questions like how much TV do you watch or how much time do you spend online. It feels like a promotional website more than anything. Maybe I'm missing something.

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Well, aren't you special?

Oh wait, that's right. You are! :D

- Merg

7. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Our invites must have gotten lost in the mail. :)

8. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Yes, it is legit.

I don't know how the invitees were picked, but in general DIRECTV is running this show as another means to get more information from subscribers. DBStalk is not directly involved in any way. (Other than several DBStalkers and other bloggers were invited.)

Seems like a great way for a company to get information from real people (as well as using DBStalk.) :D

Cheers,
    Tom

9. MadMac

MadMac Legend

Feb 18, 2008
    We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you.....

10. MNT

MNT Cool Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I got an invite from mentioning something I liked about DIRECTV on Twitter. They're listening. :)

11. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    It's just a small forum for users to help users. Some good people there and some of them are here as well. Not as good as DBS talk at all but OK for what they do in helping newbies. Directv runs the site but does not participate.

12. metalsludge2180

metalsludge2180 Cool Member

Jul 5, 2009
    The prgram is designed for customers to provide feedback concerning issues with customer service, tech issues, promotions, and installation. It is a valuable tool to gain customer insights into ways to streamline services and provide clear and consice changes in policy when needed. It's intended to receive feedback both positive and negative in order to increase customer satisfaction and provide answers to customer concerns.

13. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Yeah, I think my invite got lost in the mail as well! :p

14. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    joed32:
    I think you're confusing the DirecTV Support Forum (http://forums.directv.com) with the new "Insider Forum". The Insider Forum seems to be more for Marketing/Planning feedback and is actively managed by several DirecTV employees to solicit feedback on specific programming and services topics.

15. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    Would this be the place where Directv says:
    The situation in our installation department has descended to an embarrassing level. Effective today we are dropping the MSP and HSP programs. If anybody knows a former tech please tell them we will pay any losses incurred through these programs if they will just come help us get some installations done.
    Is this it?

Joe

16. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Sorry Joe, that site is still in the works. Go ahead and hold your breath :)

17. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I received an invite as well but wasn't sure about it. Put it on the back burner but now that I know it's on the up and up, I may have to find some time to check it out..

18. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    You're absolutely right, I didn't know that. Thanks.

19. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Same here -- a nice surprise that they've been noticing my occasional "@DIRECTV" mentions on Twitter, even though most haven't been directly, specifically related to DirecTV service (one I remember said something like "@DIRECTV DVR menus now say '244 SyfyHD.' Looks weird").

20. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Anyone remember the movie Fight Club? :sure: