1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTV Insiders invite?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by morgantown, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Aug 9, 2010 #1 of 11
    morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    Did a quick search and did not see anything. Got an email inviting to sign up with DirecTV as an "insider" so they can get cutomer input, etc.

Has this been going on for a long time? Anyone try it to see if it is more than fluf?

2. Aug 9, 2010 #2 of 11
    dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It's been around for a while. I am not in the club however.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=163475

3. Aug 9, 2010 #3 of 11
    john18

john18 DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 21, 2006
    My invitation must have also been lost in the mail. I guess it sucks to be me.

4. Aug 9, 2010 #4 of 11
    lugnutathome

lugnutathome Hall Of Fame

Apr 13, 2009
    Woodburn, OR
    It has been going on for around one year and I've found it to be somewhat unrewarding in that it's really looking for affirmation on their marketing efforts. BUT THAT MAY BE JUST ME!

That's not to say that there hasn't been some wish list type threads from time to time but it is mainly feedback on courses of action they have already chosen.

Now color my response by realizing I used to be a "marketeer" and am now a DBA/Application Engineer by chosen trade. So I'm sour on the marketing thing and big on the technical focusing. You might find this great...

Essentially you will learn about some of the marketing pushes in the wings, get a feel for where the ship is being steered, and learn about some of the D* offerings (like the 101) in a level of detail you likely wouldn't otherwise.

Don "You've Nothing to lose and perhaps some insight to gain" Bolton

5. Aug 9, 2010 #5 of 11
    RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    After-the-fact fluff.

6. Aug 9, 2010 #6 of 11
    morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    I appreciate everyone's reply and agree in sentiment with the general feelings expressed. Nothing going on here - marketing, etc.

Thanks for the feedback. Let this thread evaporate like so much of that oil in the gulf..

7. Aug 9, 2010 #7 of 11
    carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    If you do chose to join in, you also have the option of quitting at some future time. Should you quit, you won't be invited back in again.

Without going into details, I was a member but have since left. Please do not interpret that as a suggestion to not join, there is no downside that I am aware of to joining.

8. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    i am a member and can affirm they want input on their ad campaigns. i know people who were members who were truthful to dtv and kicked out of the group. don't lose any sleep because you aren't a member.

9. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I'd bet there may have been something else that happened than being "truthful". I haven't always been the most supportive of their ideas/plans.

10. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    I'm still an "outsider" myself, and haven't been invited in. :)

I'm OK with that.

11. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    You'll probably know more "inside stuff" here than there and you don't need to take all the marketing polls either. ;)