1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTV iPad 2.0 app not loading playlist

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by SteveHas, Aug 27, 2013.

1. SteveHas

SteveHas Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2007
    Since the iPad app update I cannot see my playlist on my iPad.
    I have restarted iPad, no joy.
    I can see DVRS, and can switch live channels, set up recordings, but cannot see or access playlist on either DVR.
    Am I missing something?

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    What is your full setup? Have you ever been able to see the PlayList via the iPad app? When you say you cannot see the PlayList, does the PlayList screen load completely and then show nothing or is it stuck on a loading screen?

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

3. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    You might try deleting the app and re-installing. I had that happen in a recent update. The playlist screen appeared but stayed blank. My wife's iPad3 updated with no problem.

4. SteveHas

SteveHas Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2007
    previous versions of the app loaded my playlist successfully since launch of the app.
    When I select the "playlist" option
    it shows one of my two dvrs (Genie) with a green circle checkmark
    says loading, and never populates screen
    I have left it running for as long as I can (iPad goes to sleep)

I have full wifi (802.11N) signal
    in fact I have tried while standing 5 feet from router

still no joy

I will uninstall, and re-install next

5. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    That's what mine was doing except it showed all dvrs with the green spinners. The only thing I can think it was an iPad4 that was restored in April from an iPad2 and something didn't update correctly. Everything else in the program worked correctly.

6. tbolt

tbolt Legend

Aug 22, 2009
    Reset your BB DECA or CCK (Cinema Connection Kit)

This is the link from your DVRs to your Router

7. SteveHas

SteveHas Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2007
    Re-installing the app fixed the issue as a previous poster had recommended.
    thanks Folks!

8. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I'm having that same issue. I haven't tried deleting the app and reinstalling it yet though. Glad to hear that resolved it for you. I just hate setting everything back up again.

- Merg

9. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Thats what I did also delete and reinstall and now I can see my playlist recordings, It would be much better if I can play it through the ipad though, PITA to setup my favorites,quicktunes,live stream favs etc etc again.

10. 996911

996911 Go Pack!

Aug 24, 2006
    Tobacco...
    Same thing here. Couldn't get playlist to work after the update withe iOS7 coming out this past week. While on the phone with D* for another issue I asked if they were getting calls about the app and she said "yes, people aren't getting their playlist to load and that it seems to be that iOS7 has affected it and the app is getting updated with a fix."

However, instead of updating the app, I just deleted it and then re-installed and everything works great.

11. pcman

pcman New Member

Feb 3, 2009
    The Sept 10, 2013 update to the DirecTV for iPad app (v2.0.15) still didn't fix the Playlist not loading. I followed the suggestion from dennisj00 and others to delete the app and re-install and had the same success. Playlist appears.

Also, if the original show was listed as available on "tablet," then I can watch it on the iPad from this Playlist. Not to be greedy, but it sure would be nice if more shows were available to watch on tablet.

12. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Just got this in an e-mail.

If you access GenieGO™ through an iPhone or iPad, please be sure to update your GenieGO™ App before upgrading to iOS 7. This will ensure no interruption to your service. You can update your App anytime through the iTunes App Store.

If you have already upgraded to iOS 7, you will need to update the current GenieGO™ App on your mobile device and then re-register the device as new. Unfortunately, previously downloaded content will need to be re-downloaded.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    DIRECTV