1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV joke on Two and a Half Men

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Herdfan, May 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Last night on Two and a Half Men, Charlie was at his local pharmacy to get some sleeping aids. The pharmacist recommended something that is legal in CA. Whips the computer screen around and there is a Dr. in India who "examines" Charlie. As the Dr. is sending the prescription off, his phone rings and he picks up a headset and answers "DirecTV customer service".

They probably can't be happy about it. :)

2. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    Do you know what's the same about Two and a Half Men and a Directv CSR?

...They both have to follow a script that looks like it was written by a bunch of monkeys.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    The irony is that DirecTV doesn't have any customer service reps in India...

(... but some of the HSPs have their own call centers for techs, and some of those have Indian CSRs.)

4. Bluto17

Bluto17 Legend

Jan 31, 2007
    Well, at least the guy in India knew his priority - D*. :)

I've never watched the show. But the joke in the original post was funny.

5. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    I saw the episode and said the same to my wife: "Directv can't be too happy with that." :lol:

Yep. The people who do work in our area (or did, as of the last time I had to have a tech out a few years ago), had me speak to a CSR after the work was done and it was clearly someone from India. I felt like I was talking to Dell again. :nono:

6. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    We had the same deal about 2 years ago. The gimmick was actually a sales pitch. The person in India (With the cool American name like Phil) did close out the work order, but his main purpose was to sell you something at the end of the call. Which was the only reason they had to speak with you in the first place.

7. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    You know as much as I hate my phone company (Qwest) at least (most of the time) when I call I speak to someone whos actually in the same continent as I am.

8. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Maybe Sheen wrote that joke during one of his 27 rehab trips.

9. PlanetBill

PlanetBill Icon

May 8, 2006
    I thought he said from Bangladesh, doesn't matter though, it was still funny IMHO

10. JeffBowser

JeffBowser blah blah blah

Dec 21, 2006
    I saw that, too. It even made my wife laugh, having been in on several of my phone misadventures with DirecTV customer "service".

11. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Yeah, and what was with the obvious slam on Sacramento?

Good show last night but man, they sure were taking pot shots.

12. ffemtreed

ffemtreed Icon

Jan 30, 2008
    not that this is the correct forum, but here it goes anyway.

You think those pot shots this week where bad, you should have watched family guy this past weekend. They took some good shots that I am sure a lot of people are unhappy about. I have a good sense of humor and found it funny myself.

13. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    I only watch the family guy special star wars episodes of which the 2nd of the 3 is airing sunday nite.

14. PlanetBill

PlanetBill Icon

May 8, 2006

"pot shots" funny

15. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    It was? Forgot to lauch this time and when I saw it on the show