1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv Korean Language pack?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by hdtv_doc, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hdtv_doc

hdtv_doc Cool Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Can anyone comment on the quality of the channels? Also, do I need the international satellite dish? Thanks!

2. K1A

K1A AllStar

May 16, 2007
    i am not sure about the quality of the channels in Korean pack but as a Filipino package subscriber, i do know that u need an international dish

3. hdtv_doc

hdtv_doc Cool Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Thanks for the response. I figure I'd have to get the additional International dish (which is huge!).

I wanted to mount both the slimline and international dish next to each other on my chimney, but worry that my wooden chimney will fly away!

I'll have to look for another location.

4. russkelp

russkelp New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    As was said, you do need the extemely large dish. Mine has had to be reset twice already, so make sure the guy installs it right. The good part of that huge dish is that you almost never lose signal even during big storms.

As for the quality of the channels, I have had the package for almost two years and I am increasingly becoming disillusioned with it.

The guide is almost never right for the channels, and online support through the channels website is spotty.

Using a DVR with these channels is impossible, start times can vary as much as twenty minutes.

Schedules change from week to week. If you are interested in watching shows on a regular basis, it is really almost impossible to keep up with some shows.

SBS and SBS Plus are fine channels and have some subtitled content if you are interested in that.

MBC just changed to MBC America and the shows are heavily edited. They either haven't fiqured out what they are doing yet or they don't care, which is a shame because they have some really good programming.

I don't watch the YTN news channel, so I can't comment on it.

Unfortunately you have to lock yourself into packages, and can't buy the channels ala carte. The picture quality is ok, but these channels are not a priority for Directv so don't expect superior quality.

Hope that helps a little.

5. hdtv_doc

hdtv_doc Cool Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Thanks for your response. That's disappointing... The other option is tan-tv, but I'd rather not have two different receivers near my tv. Sigh, choices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.