1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Directv locals qualification-now updated with new "planned" locals

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by JWT, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWT

JWT Cool Member

May 2, 2002
    I read this on the TIVO board and checked it, and got this back on the Tyler, Tx locals:

Good news: Local channels are coming soon to your area!

You'll be able to receive those local channels using any DIRECTV® System.

Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change. Hardware and programming sold separately.

2. bills976

bills976 Godfather/Supporter

Jun 30, 2002
    D* has done this for all markets except Pegasus ones... take the info with a grain of salt.

3. AJ2086

AJ2086 Godfather

Jun 1, 2002
    Tune to 999 and check that out, they have a part that lists about 8-12 DMA's that are coming soon.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Which DMAs?

5. AJ2086

AJ2086 Godfather

Jun 1, 2002
    Colorado Springs
    Wilkes-Barre
    Roanoke
    Green Bay
    Tuscon
    Shrevport
    Jackson MS
    Lousiville
    Des Moine

6. FzyLgic

FzyLgic Guest

Not true - my Mom lives in Reno, NV (DMA #114) and that message is NOT shown for her Zip. She is not in a Pegasus area.

The message is displayed for the 49 planned DMAs this year.

7. Brett

Brett Legend

Jan 14, 2003
    A couple days ago DirecTV's broker was messed up, and it was displaying the good news for all markets (except Pegasus and already carried markets).

I used Salisbury and other tiny markets to verify.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.