1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DirecTV May Unveil Internet Streaming, Says Citi

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Athlon646464, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    DirecTV May Unveil Internet Streaming, Says Citi

DirecTV Group could start delivering its pay-TV programming over the Web, as well as beam content to satellite dishes, speculates Citigroup, which says DirecTV could unveil such a plan at its investors day on Thursday.

Moving to Internet streaming via broadband networks would lower DirecTV's operating costs and boost free cash flow, says Citigroup.

Full Story Here

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This seems to me to be sloppy reporting based on doing nothing more than Googling other sites. In my opinion it's meaningless.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    We'll find out tomorrow.

We may also hear more about mergers.

4. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    That's why I posted this one. It's not the first time I've seen it however......

5. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    My vote for understatement of the year comes from this article:

6. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    CenturyLink is deploying their Prism TV service here in the Phoenix area. Sound like someone needs to buy and re-brand Prism

7. mrjacobrussell

mrjacobrussell New Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Oregon
    Any Updates ?

8. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    Always seems like certain DirecTV fans get their feathers ruffled when people bring up the possibility of the company offering a service like this..

It's seems like it would be in their best interest to at least test the waters with such a service. The younger set are already finding a myriad of ways to do it regardless of an official service being offered or not... It's on DirecTV I guess.. Their loss.