1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

directv mistakenly blocking out Root sports pittsburgh pens scrimmage

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by knives of ice, Jan 16, 2013.

1. knives of ice

knives of ice AllStar

Sep 15, 2007
    going insane. i live in the local market and they are mistakenly blocking out a penguins scrimmage game. i have center ice as well even though that isnt the issue. any way to get this fixed? calling a csr has been pointless

2. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    It's probably "supposed" to blacked out to out-of-market viewers, assuming you are one. Why they do stuff like this just boggles the mind because it benefits no one as they offer you no way to pay for it.

3. knives of ice

knives of ice AllStar

Sep 15, 2007
    yeah, i actually called root sports hq in washington after getting nowhere with directv. they claim they are aware of the problem and trying to fix it. people here in pittsburgh are pissed they are blacking out an intersquade scrimmage game basically. this is what i pay $200 a month for. i was looking forward to actually watching hockey all day and this happens. unacceptable.

4. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Still seems to be blacked out for me too. Fixed for you yet?

5. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    started up in the 3rd period for me!

6. kopykat

kopykat Cool Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Directv has started some really weird blackouts this year. I tried to watch the Wings scrimmage on tuesday and it was blacked out for me. a few months ago I tried to watch some of the KHL REPLAYS on MSG and those were also blacked out. I live in Atlanta. how does that make sense?

7. abooch

abooch Legend

Oct 25, 2008
    Yea, they have had really weird blackouts. I'm in Jersey and the Red Wings and Pens scrimmages were blacked out for me. However, the Wild scrimmage wasn't.

8. tbirds118

tbirds118 Mentor

May 28, 2009
    I believe that ESPN3 had the rights to the KHL games and the ones broadcast on MSG were only available in the local market. They didn't have the rights to air it nationally.

9. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I would think this Black/White scrimmage would be blacked out unless Roots Sports Pittsburgh was your RSN as it wasn't an actual NHL game. Only NHL games are part of the NHL CI package.