1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv Movers Program

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by pez2002, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    I Was watching One of the Channels On Directv & they came on with a promo for the directv Movers Program

So here is my Question Why do you have to leave your old dish behind ??? Can Anyone Explain this to me ????

2. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    perhaps to make it easier for the new person to subscribe to Directv, or to prevent possible lawsuits from people who fall trying to retrieve the dish off the roof. Another likely reason is by giving you a $50 dish, they can hook you for one more year of service commitment. :shrug:

3. Mike123abc

Mike123abc Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    I think the main idea is that the person that moves in afterwards will see the dish and think, "hmm I could go satellite here and half the work is done after all there is a dish there). For the $50 they risk on the dish they get a good chance at a new customer.

4. cnsf

cnsf Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2002
    All you need to do in the new home is pick up and activate the receivers. Worth the cost to D* to pick up a new sub to give away a new dish and installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.