1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv offer over 30 dollar credit without extending contract

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by acostapimps, Dec 28, 2011.

1. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Directv offer 37 dollars in bill credits without extending contract since i been a loyal customer since Oct 2009 and upgrade from sd dvr to hd dvr hr22-100 in Jan 2010 and contract expires on Jan 19 2012 from 76.99 to 39.99 i have spanish progamming too good to be true.

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    For how long will that credit be in place?

3. acostapimps

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    12 months free dvr service and base package credit 12 months and extra 5 dollar credit for 2 years for existing customer

4. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I don't believe it.

I've never seen DirecTV upgrade anyone to HD or add equipment without a new 2 year commitment which is why I still have SD service from DirecTV. With their constant price increases and the wild discounts offered to new customers by the competitors, I won't be locked in for 2 years just to get a clunker reconditioned HD DVR and a new dish, especially since I already have an HD DVR even if DirecTV doesn't want to call it that (R22).

5. kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    You could upgrade a SD receiver to a HD receiver and make that the primary box, then your R22 would get HD. I think the HD receivers have a shorter commitment(12 or 18 months).

6. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Sorry, ANY/ALL receiver upgrades tack on 2 years now

7. PrinceLH

PrinceLH New Member

Feb 18, 2003
    Owned three receivers, H20, H21 and an SD legacy receiver. Directv called me and asked me if I would like to upgrade my legacy receiver. They sent me an H23 in exchange for my legacy receiver and I did not have to commit to any 2 year contract. They even dropped the HD fee of $10.00 for 24 months. It's not neccessary so, that you need to re-up for 2 years, if they upgrade a receiver.

8. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    There are specific swaps that will not cause agreements. Local channel upgrades, legacy receiver upgrades won't. Generally ones that require you to have to get to have all services. Whole home is the only order where if you have equipment swapped but still didn't add anything on comes with an agreement.

9. acostapimps

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    im sorry didn't said it correctly what i mean to say was i upgraded back in jan 2010 from sd dvr to hd dvr and since my 2 year agreement expires jan 2012, i called CSR to check how many days left from contract which is on jan 19 (about 3 weeks from now) and offer base package credit for 12 months and free dvr service for being a loyal customer and can cancel service anytime i want without ETF fees (which im not planning to do anyway but the option is there) sorry for the confusion Directv customer since 2009

10. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    That's a good deal and I like the fact they do this to keep good customers. Although for them, its the next best thing to having you under contract. Most subscribers aren't going to leave while receiving the credits, so they have you for at least another 12 mo's. Maybe even 24 mo's, although I don't think $5/mo is enough to keep someone from leaving. Plus its brings goodwill, so you feel good about DIRECTV as a company, nothing wrong with that.

I'm in the same situation. Back in September, they gave me several credits to offset my NFL ST. They gave me a "$20/mo for 6 mo's" for NFL ST and a "$20/mo for 6 mo's" HD credit along with a HD credit I already had. I'm no longer under any commitment, so that helps ensure I stay for 24 more months. So $50/mo in credits for 6 mo's, then $10/mo for 18 more months. Not to mention, a one time credit of $125 to offset NHL CI and a couple other items they threw in. So they have my business for the foreseeable future. Although with their superior HD sports coverage, I wasn't going anywhere.

Attached Files:

11. tivoboy

tivoboy Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm going to try this. My H10-250 has finally died, I need a new receiver and would continue service if they A:) send me a new receiver to replace the owned H10-250 and B:) offer me a 30$ a month credit for 12 months at least with no commit required.

Is retention the group to try this with?