1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv On Demand channel unavailable issue and picture quality

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Mark Walters, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Mark Walters

Mark Walters Legend

Sep 21, 2009
    I'm getting 1236 (E!) is currently not available message. I tried resetting my box - and then I restored network default settings and re-established my internet connection. I waited 24 hours but still can't pick up E! on demand.

All my other HD DVR's pick up the channel; I'm wondering why this HR23 box won't. Any suggestions? Thx

Also, the movies from the Starz free view VOD didn't look so great on an HDTV. I'm surprised they didn't have the movies available for download in HD. I might have subscribed after the free view, but I assume it's that way for the other VOD premiums. I would want to access the on demand shows and films in HD of course!

2. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    Im not sure about the E channel issue as I have the HR23 and its there just fine. In terms of PQ I have never had a problem with it. Not sure if its a network issue for you or the content was bad. I hope someone else will jump in and maybe give you more info.