1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

directv plus dvr and dvr charges

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bbaleno, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbaleno

bbaleno Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    It shows on my account that I have directv hd plus dvr, and diretv dvr service. am I going to be billed twice for the dvr service?

2. JDubbs413

JDubbs413 Icon

Sep 4, 2007
    I don't believe so. One is activating your base package. The other is activating DVR service. Keep an eye on your bill though.

3. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    They always list the receiver and then associated services. Your signature indicates that you have 3 dvr's. So each dvr will be listed and 2 will have a lease/additional receiver fee each month. There will also be 1 dvr service fee on the account that covers all dvr's each month.

4. bbaleno

bbaleno Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    I just dont want to get dinged with an additional dvr charge, it should be include in the base (Directv HD plus drv) package. I remember the old days when I found out that in england they had to pay for tv. I swore I would never pay for tv. I guess the jokes on me.

5. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Unless you have the old Premier Package (prior to August 1, 2007), then you have to pay the extra dvr fee (5.99 I think) each month on top of your base package fee + 4.99 for receivers 2-whatever + 9.99 per month HD Access. Ain't life grand? :D

6. bbaleno

bbaleno Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    then why would they call it directv hd plus "DVR"

7. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Because that's the name assigned to the HR20, it's called the "DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR" http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=900022 The name has nothing to do with your monthly charges.

Trust me, if you do not have a program package that has the dvr fee included (that would be Choice Extra Plus DVR or Choice Extra Plus HD DVR), your account should have the following charges:

Programming Package @ $x.xx per month
    Primary Receiver Charge (either 0.00 or 4.99 with a corresponding credit)
    Receiver 2 charge: $4.99 per month
    Receiver 3 charge: $4.99 per month
    Receiver 4 charge: $4.99 per month
    DIRECTV DVR Service: $5.99 per month ($0.00 and included in Choice Extra Plus DVR or Choice Extra Plus HD DVR)
    HD Access: $9.99 per month ($0.00 and included in Choice Extra Plus HD DVR)

8. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    mine shows:
    plus hd dvr..69.95
    add reciever 4.99 (x3)
    I have 3 dvrs plus one reg reciever..

9. aphoward

aphoward Legend

Sep 8, 2006
    I think these guys are confused as to what your bill is showing. If you have the programming package that is PLUS HD DVR, then you do NOT pay an additional DVR fee, it's included in the package.

10. bbaleno

bbaleno Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    aphowerd that is how I thought it should be. I will wait untill next month and see what the deal is. this months bill with the partial charges will probably be confusing

11. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    If you have the package houskamp has, then your bill should look like his. HD Access and DVR fee included. Sometimes they include a line item on the bill that states it's included with a $0.00 charge.

Those last 2 items I listed would not get billed in the Plus HD DVR program package. I forgot they renamed packages and at first thought your referece to DirecTV Plus HD DVR was to the HR20.

12. bbaleno

bbaleno Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    ok, that clears things up a bit
    thanks

13. aphoward

aphoward Legend

Sep 8, 2006
    Yeah I also have Plus HD DVR, but if I understand what you're saying, is that this is being listed on your account page on directv.com, under the My Programming section, correct?

If so, it is correct to list both your base package, and that you have the DVR service. This does not mean you would get charged for the DVR service.

14. darman

darman AllStar

Sep 24, 2007
    So saying I have one receiver and get the following:

PLUS HD DVR $69.99 / Monthly
    HR20 New Service $0.00 / _HR20
    LOCALS HD $0.00 / included w/Local Programming
    SPORTS $12.00 / Monthly
    DIRECTV DVR Service $5.99 / Monthly
    Monthly Total $87.97 / Month

My bill would not include the 5.99 per month?

This is the description from DTV:

PLUS HD DVR™
    Our most popular entertainment package with DVR and HD service. Featuring the best in movies, sports, music, documentary, educational, specialty, family and local programming.

That to me says you get HD and DVR service for the package price $69.99. Add the sports pack @ $12 and get $81.99.

Is this not correct?

15. 5678YN

5678YN Legend

Jun 29, 2007
    I have PLUS HD DVR package and these two line items appear on my bill.

PLUS HD DVR Monthly 69.99
    DIRECTV DVR Service $5.99/mo Included in Base Pkg 0.00

16. darman

darman AllStar

Sep 24, 2007
    So they don't charge extra. Seems kind of silly that they would make is so unclear, at least to me and the OP. If it is the cost of the package, put that it is included in the cost of the package and put $0.00.

Thanks for the insight.

17. 5678YN

5678YN Legend

Jun 29, 2007
    darman I just went to PLUS HD DVR in July from Total Choice. This is my first DVR but have had HD for at least 2 years paying 9.99 additional if that makes a difference.

18. Mark20

Mark20 Godfather

Dec 24, 2006
    My guess it needs to say that on your account to cause the DVR authorization to be sent to the receiver. The code number for your DVR (which may not be listed with the line item) should result in a $0.00 charge but its worth $5.99 of your PLUS HD package. The code number for DVR on a non-plus package should result in the $5.99 charge. Though the descriptions for each would be very similar. Billing systems can be monsters.

19. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    That's right but in England there are NO COMMERCIALS! Now, you pay for DirecTV and have to watch commercials too. HA HA HA! :D :D :D

20. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    That's not exactly true. Despite the fact that they no longer include the DVR fee in the Premier package, they DO have a couple NEWER packages that say "plus DVR service" in the description. Like Choice Plus DVR. This package is $5 more than Choice Plus (without DVR service) so you presumably save $0.99 off the DVR fee by taking this package. I believe there is also a "DVR fee included" HD package. If you have either package you should NOT get an additional DVR fee tacked on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.