1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Directv premier protection with ADH?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Coheedtheslayer, May 3, 2014.

1. Coheedtheslayer

Coheedtheslayer New Member

May 3, 2014
    I have had directv since 2011 and have never had the premier protection before until now. I singed up a few days ago, I would like to hear some peoples experiences if possible. I have big screen TVs and iPads and laptops that I need protecting . Including a 2005 imac and 2007 acer. I registered all of my electronics already, is my imac or 2007 acer too old to replace or repair? I saw a similar post from years ago but that one is dead I would like a fresh one if possible ! Thanks

2. inf0z

inf0z Legend

Oct 15, 2011
    It's covered as long as it has the following operating systems OS X or newer or Linux OS with 2009 publication date or newer. As for as repaired or replaced, it depends on if the item is easily repairable, and if it's not repairable if the item is still available. This should more clearly define replacement -
    Replacement Products: We may replace your product
    with a NEW, REMANUFACTURED, OR A PRODUCT OF
    LIKE KIND AND QUALITY THAT PERFORMS TO THE
    FACTORY SPECIFICATIONS OF THE ORIGINAL
    PRODUCT.

3. Coheedtheslayer

May 3, 2014
    Well I know that my imac g5 I has osx I just wonder if the computer is too old , and if they would replace it with the most basic 2014 version of imac considering the Msrp of mine was $1700

4. Coheedtheslayer

May 3, 2014
    Anyone?

5. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Just an FYI you don't have to register all your equipment.

6. Coheedtheslayer

May 3, 2014
    Oh you don't? Someone on a different site said you had like 30 days to register your items

7. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    No it is not required. They say it may make the claim process easier but my AVR was not registered and it didn't delay the repair at all.

8. Coheedtheslayer

May 3, 2014
    We that's awesome . I still have to wait another 3 weeks until I. Can make any claims so I'm hoping nothing breaks before then